Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Naan Pizza


The simple truth is that we eat way too much pizza in our house. We've discovered great frozen pizzas like Home Run Inn and Eastside Cafe, Chicago based brands that we locals go crazy over, and eat at least once a week for dinner. But I also love making my own pizza at home but often don't feel like messing with dough, so I was super excited when a co-worker mentioned she makes easy homemade pizzas using Naan bread. If you've ever been out to eat at an Indian restaurant, and I hope you have, then you know that Naan is a leavened, oven-baked flat bread. I know some people make this at home and I bet it's amazing, but since I'm going for easy homemade pizzas I picked up some ready-made Naan at the market along with some of my favorite toppings.


 


I went with a pesto-cilantro sauce for the base and topped one with an herbed goat cheese and the other with mozzarella. 


 

Then one got sun-dried tomatoes and the other kalamata olives.




Bake in a 400 degree oven for about 10 minutes, or until browned. Place a baking sheet or foil below the pizza to help catch any drippings. Then I topped it with micro-greens for freshness and because they're good for you!




The naan bakes quickly, so keep a close eye on them while they warm in the oven. Throw on a dash (or heap if you prefer) of crushed red pepper and enjoy this easy dinner that will satisfy your pizza cravings without all the guilt.






Enjoy!





Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment